Thursday, January 15, 2004

 

An excellent analysis of the leftist university, yesterday and today.

Let me first state that in linking to FrontPage Magazine, I do not wish to be lumped in with Horowitz's particular brand of Neoconservatism. Obviously, I agree with a great deal of what Horowitz and company have to say on the subject of education, but there are other matters on which I do not agree. I also question the presence of Ann Coulter, whom I find as ideologically blinded as those from the left she is critiquing.

Simply put, I don't want my linking to this article to engender a whole host of erroneous assumptions about me and my politics.

That said, here is an excellent article by a Professor of English in the University of Oregon's Honors College (which I have found, through a quick snoop through Oregon's website, means she is not directly connected to the English Department itself). She was a graduate student there in the late 60s, and speaks of her experience then and now. It is quite illuminating.

The article can be found here.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?